Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it better to put solar panels on the roof or on the ground (ground mount)? The ground is a better location for production of electricity because the solar array will run at a cooler temperature. However, a roof mounted array may be more secure and provide better solar illumination.
2. Does Apex Solar fix thermal (water) solar panels? No, our business focuses on electric photovoltaic panels with or without battery backup.
3. Does Apex Solar wash solar panels? No, at this time we are not able to provide this service.
4. How much does a solar system cost? This can only be answered after we know how much electricity you need/want to produce, the location of the solar array, and what your expectations are for the system when grid power is not available.
5. Why should I choose to work with Apex Solar? Apex Solar has been providing high quality systems for over 15 years and has a Better Business Bureau A+ rating. We are one of the most respected battery based solar system providers in the country.
6. Do you lease solar electric systems? No, we believe that all benefits from your roof should go into your pocket. A leased system will provide you with a lower initial cost, but in the long run, is not as financially beneficial for the homeowner.
7. Can I do some or all of the installation work myself? Yes, we provide service for Do-It-Yourself-ers: free consultation on the best equipment to use. We can also help the property owner with building permit services, on-site delivery of equipment and walk-throughs and can help with the more technical parts of self-installed systems upon request. We can also work with your electrician to do the install. We can help with as much or as little assistance as you need.
8. Does Apex Solar repair existing solar systems, remove solar panels for roof work, or reinstall panels in another location? Yes, we can.
9. Can you help me troubleshoot my system over the phone? Yes, we would be happy to hear from you.
10. Which manufacturers do you work with? Apex Solar has never aligned itself with any one manufacturer. As a result, we tailor each project to use the best equipment for the application, choose products that are of the highest quality and best warranty, all with keeping your budget in mind.